Friday, December 30, 2011

Inspired by Stained Glass

In my last post, I indicated that I would post some pictures of items I have made that were in some respect inspired by stained glass.  I hope you haven't been holding your breath in anticipation of this event!

Here are some pieces I have made that have stained-glass-like elements to them.  The first is a beaded needle case with a spiral color pattern.  I love the way the transparent glass beads glow against the opaque black ones:


The next piece is a rather wild felted knitted hat with a stained glass motif:



Here's a closeup of a tam I showed in a previous post...the colors are really vibrant against the black:



Another hat with bright colorful bobbles and pompom against a black background:



And yet another hat, with blocks of color and stranded patterns interspersed with black:



Last hat--A Rose Window-type pattern in fair isle:



Here's a braided necklace with a glass pendant:


And next, a coin purse made from a recycled sweater with a stained-glass-like color pattern:

And finally, a double-knitted scarf with periwinkle blue and black patterning, which is reversed on the back of the fabric:




















I hope you have enjoyed this little tour of my creations.  Coming soon, a free pattern or two!

No comments: