Saturday, June 21, 2014

Brioche Rib Scarf Pattern Now Available!

I have been playing around with the Brioche Stitch for several years now.  In fact, you can check out these  blog posts from 2011, when I began my explorations:

http://www.thefiberbug.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-year-new-technique-brioche-stitch.html
http://www.thefiberbug.blogspot.com/2011/03/more-explorations-in-brioche-knitting.html

The scarves I made using this technique were similar, with some variations.  At a recent meeting of the Tigard Knitting Guild , I taught a mini class on the Brioche Rib technique, with the instructions for the basic scarf for my handout.  I thought I would post the material as a free pattern in my Ravelry shop and my Craftsy shop, for anyone who might be interested.  The pattern creates a cushy, warm scarf from chunky yarn, in one or two colors.  The scarf begins and ends with brioche rib in a single color, and if you like, you can join a second color after you have knitted the initial border.  The two-color rib is somewhat like a corrugated rib,  but thicker and more "ribby".  One color is predominant on one side, and the other color is predominant on the other side of the knitting.

This 4-page pattern download is a photo tutorial which will give you the basics of the Brioche Rib stitch in one or two colors.  If you would like to make a narrower or wider scarf, cast on an odd number of stitches to whatever width you like.  I hope you enjoy the pattern! 

Visit Mountain Mist's Craftsy Pattern Store »





No comments: