Sunday, September 12, 2010

Light and Shadow, Part 3

In this post, I will share some of my own creations in which I have explored light and shadow.  This first photo is a clutch type bag, in a light lavender with a lacy. black flap.  I like the contrast between the black lace and the pastel fabric behind it:


I really enjoy beading, when I get the time to do it.  This next item is a beaded needle case in peyote stitch, with a stained-glass-like diamond pattern on it.  The shiny beads seem to glow, just like a stained glass window!


And here's another beaded needle case.  On this one, I was trying to portray the luminous colors of an ocean sunset:


This tam was the result of my explorations of the Domino Knitting technique.  Its pattern utilizes two shades of gray:

This short-row tam from handspun yarn also has a stained-glass glow:


In another technique, here's a kumihimo braided necklace, with bright colors contrasted with black.  I love how the black makes the colors "pop"!

Highly textured items create light and shadow effects, as in this Saxon Braid Cap:


Some fibers have a reflective quality, like the handspun silk embroidery thread in this embroidered pincushion:


This knitted scarf mixes shiny metallic yarn with matte and furry yarns to create an interesting effect:


Here's another scarf, crocheted with shiny, furry novelty yarn and matte wool yarn:

And finally, a mini paperweight made of shiny colored glass encrusted with crochet:


Most of these items are listed in my Etsy shop, if you would like to see more pictures or find out more about them.

No comments: